1. Nonprofit groups may reserve and use the Community Room at no charge.
2. The following groups are welcome to reserve the room but will be charged a fee of $25 for the first 3 hours of use, and $10 for each additional hour. Events must end by 10:00 pm.
–Any classes/lectures whose presenter charges admission or participation fees.
–Any event meant to promote goods or services for which the presenter charges.
3. In the case of scheduling conflicts, priority will be given to library-affiliated events or to non-profit groups. It’s especially important to speak to the library director about your needs if your intention is to schedule the room on an ongoing basis at the same time each week / month.
4. Alcoholic beverages, smoking, and burning of items (such as incense or candles) are NOT permitted in the Community Room.
5. You may wish to come early to arrange tables and chairs, as library employees will not be able to do set-up for you. Furniture must be returned to original positions when you are finished.
6. You must carry out your own trash. Do not leave anything in the refrigerator of the adjoining kitchen. A Cleaning Deposit of $25.00 will be collected before the event. The check will be returned after the event if the room is left in original condition.
7. You must get a key if your event will START when the library is closed, and return it the following day. You do not need to keep a key if your event ends after the library is closed. Departing library staff will lock the door, and meeting attendees can still exit. Be sure the door is pulled shut when you leave.
8. After your meeting,please set the heat at 65 in winter, or the air conditioning to 80 in the summer. Please turn off interior lights, including those in the halls and restrooms if it is after library hours. Please leave the outside lights on.
9. Suitable restitution must be made for damage that occurs from the participants pending board of trustees review.
10. Granting permission for the use of the meeting room does not imply a library endorsement of any group or its ideas. Promotional materials MUST attest that your event is not sponsored by the library, nor does the library benefit monetarily from the event.
*If you need help after hours, call the Library Director at 716-225-3081
Approved by the WAC Library Board of Trustees 3/1/2016